Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Set Apart and Called

Lectio Divina

God, who from my mother’s womb had set me apart and called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me.... I did not immediately consult flesh and blood.

Galatians 1:15-16

Library

Recently read this article in America by Emil Wcela, retired auxiliary bishop of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, on women deacons. It prompted me to look further into the less-than-well-known and much-contested history of women as church leaders. Found a book here titled When Women Were Priests, by Karen Jo Torjesen, a professor of history at Claremont Graduate University School of Religion. I'm moving through it now.

Log

This morning: the small groups continue their presentations on the history of Christian spirituality. This afternoon: more work on the newsletter and more exercise. And more intentional prayer during personal time and evening silence.

Weather

Appreciating the consistency of the Southern California climate while thinking of the weather in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment