Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Before You On the Way

Lectio Divina

See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared.

Exodus 23:20

Library

Brushing up on my sources for tomorrow's presentation on Dorothy Day. I know no better summation of the "spirituality" of Day then the following manifesto of the Catholic Worker movement, which, though not to be identified completely with Day, is as good a reflection of her spirit, and as concise a distillation of it, as any statement I have found.

Log

This morning, continuing our class sessions on the history of Christian spirituality, with small groups giving presentations on the following spiritual masters: Teilhard de Chardin, Catherine Doherty, Teresa of Calcutta, and Therese of Lisieux. Tomorrow it is my group's turn to present on Dorothy Day.

This afternoon, house chores. This evening, resuming our rehearsal of music for our celebrations of Saint Francis of Assisi.

Weather

Still hot; still enduring.

No comments:

Post a Comment