Saturday, November 17, 2012

Under the Layers

Lectio Divina

I have all that I need ... even when I walk through the darkest valley.

Psalm 23:1, 4

Library

Continuing with Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God, and Mumford, The City in History, as before. Will read the rest of The Catholic Worker shortly.

Log

This morning: house chapter, touching on matters concerning the novitiate program, quality of fraternal life, and finances. All this in an hour and a half. This afternoon: house jobs, and some work on the newsletter. This evening, a quiet night to myself going into the Lord's Day.

Feeling cocooned over the last day or so. Also feeling dissatisfied and impatient with myself, which is my ever-present temptation. While fighting the temptation, there is no need to fight the feelings: rather, interrogate them and see what lies beneath them. May God be there under the layers of the cocoon.

Weather

A drilling rain this morning. Somehow it has drilled into my marrow, too. A good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment