Monday, November 19, 2012

Do Not Be Remiss

Lectio Divina

Do not be remiss in doing good.

2 Thessalonians 3:13

Library

In addition to assigned readings on authority and the vow of obedience, continuing with Hurston, Mumford, and the Catholic Worker.

Log

Yesterday, received my first formal evaluation, a report written by my formation advisor reflecting the views of the formation team and community of professed friars. I feel good about the evaluation and both understand and agree with the friars' observations. Feeling motivated to make a few new year's resolutions early. I know myself, but I see myself better now that others have expressed how they see what I also have seen.

This week, our class sessions are on the vow of obedience -- that is, obedience to the will of God as mediated through the institution of the Church within the context of religious life with the Capuchin Franciscan order. We are off to a good start. Challenging readings and an easygoing class this morning with some definitions, general observations about our subject, and an examination of healthy and unhealthy behavioral responses to the call to obedience, with strategies for recognizing and dealing with passive-aggressive behavior.

This afternoon, work on the grounds, not the newsletter. This evening, schola rehearsal.

Weather

Brightening, and warmer than expected. A gift and a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment