Friday, November 16, 2012

Business as Usual?

Lectio Divina

"Yes, it will be ‘business as usual’ right up to the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

Luke 17:30 (New Living Translation)

But what will it be for me?

Library

Continuing Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God, and Mumford, The City in History. Absorbed in the Hurston; engrossed by Mumford.

Now I am a subscriber to The Catholic Worker. My first issue arrived in the mail yesterday. So thankful that I can read and share every issue personally from this time forward.

Log

Today, ministry at Catholic Charities in Santa Maria for the final time. Next Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, and there will be no ministry that day. On Friday the 30th I will begin my weekly visits to FCC Lompoc for hour-long small-group meetings for faith sharing. More on this in the weeks to come.

This evening, a review of life in our small faith-sharing groups, in advance of our monthly house chapter meeting, which is tomorrow morning.

Be it in our prayer life or ministerial life, it is good for the routine of this way of life to change constantly. Let me never take for granted the grace that saves, the love that gives life. Let the fire burn deep and long.

Weather

The rainy season is upon us. The clouds look heavier than the heavens, but they float.

No comments:

Post a Comment