Thursday, April 11, 2013

Another Museum

Lectio Divina

We must obey God rather than men.

Acts 5:29

Library

Reading the latest issue of Commonweal and continuing Dietrich, Broken and Shared. Paging through Hospitality and The Pilgrim.

Log

Took a good long walk during hermitage time yesterday afternoon and spent the evening watching The Sound of Music with my musical-ly inclined brothers. A good day of physical and spiritual exercise followed by easygoing fraternity with a few of my fellow friars.

Just concluded Mass combined with morning prayer. Had breakfast long before chapel while finishing the laundry (my weekly turn is Thursday morning). In a little while, I will depart with the brothers for Santa Barbara for our day of extended personal time. This week I will browse the Santa Barbara Museum of Art. I promised myself I would go after Easter -- I must be true to my word!

Also, and all along the way, especially since the silent retreat last month, pondering the future increasingly presenting itself.

Weather

Expecting warmth and plenty of sunshine. Let the sun shine in.

No comments:

Post a Comment