Saturday, April 27, 2013

Another Chapter

Lectio Divina

I am going to be with the Father.

John 14:12 (New Living Translation)

Library

Continuing Johnson, Friends of God and Prophets, and dipping into Lawler, Secular Marriage, Christian Sacrament. Received the latest issue of Hospitality from the Open Door Community in Atlanta, and finishing the National Catholic Reporter.

Log

House chapter this morning, followed by our regular house jobs. This means watering the grounds, which I will be doing more often, perhaps three days a week as we expect another prolonged season of drought this year. Gearing up with the novitiate newsletter, too.

Hanging back at San Lorenzo this evening instead of going to the vigil Mass at Queen of Angels Parish in Lompoc, where a Guamanian feast awaits the brothers. I will be making preparations for the Sunday evening meal, which I am cooking with one of my novice brothers. A quiet Saturday night in the kitchen ... I am one wild and crazy guy.

Weather

Very much like a desert. We expect a high of nearly 90 degrees tomorrow. Once I wrote a bluesy song about high heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment