Wednesday, March 28, 2012

An Evening Prayer

God of heaven and earth,

Make me real
so you will be known in person
by a perfect little word
a sound on your breath
make me hold your silence
a sacred vessel of your wine

O God my God
and our God
teach me how to say your name
show me how to call you
and speak to you
and help me bring the people
into my heart
where you dwell

You love me, Lord
I love your loving
make me loving
make me spirit
with the Holy Spirit
being in the space
between the lover and beloved

You are beyond
and you are near
and you are here
within me
a trace in flesh of grace

Be always in your temple,
O divine mercy

O God my God our God
You are making me true
I thank you
thank you

I pray in your name
in your Son's name
in the name of the Spirit
I pray.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, reminds me of the Psalms. A truly genuine and honest outpouring of Love for our Lord. May God continue to bless you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete