Thursday, May 16, 2019

Llegada

Another quick and short post to report that I am back in Cochabamba, this time after a day traveling to Oruro and back with Joshua, Charles, Sister Martina, and our excellent guides and conductors, Profesora Viviana and her spouse Samuel. I am most grateful to the latter two for the generosity of their time, their safe driving, their picnic lunch (beef burgers and lentil burgers and plenty more), and their taste in music during the eight-hours-plus we spent in their Toyota. Having returned less than an hour ago, and already feeling sleep coming on, I will wait until tomorrow and the weekend to collect my thoughts and impressions of Oruro (and La Paz) and report back later. 

My departures and arrivals are at an end for now. Now, it is Brother Scott’s turn to arrive. All of us here pray for his safe and timely arrival tomorrow morning at the Cochabamba airport, Jorge Wilstermann International Airport. I am planning to go with Brother Leo, provided he returns from Santa Cruz tonight, as he assured me a few days ago. Of course, transportation through Bolivia has a way of humbling all of us. I just may need to be ready to hail a taxi-trufi for my brother in case worse comes to worst. We shall see. And we will make sure my Capuchin brother arrives all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment