Thursday, May 23, 2019

Enfermo

This is not the post I wanted to write. I was hoping to join the Mennonite volunteers for dinner this evening. But after 11 a.m. I started feeling feverish, and I have aches and chills. Worst of all, I have lost my appetite, which never happens unless I have got flu-like symptoms. So I think it is best for me to rest this evening and ride this out and see a doctor tomorrow if I feel worse in the morning. 

With respect to the Mennonite volunteers, the timing of this is really bad, and it is ironic, since we had postponed our first dinner date when one of them was sick. Well, I promise them that the moment I feel better, we will get together for the best vegetarian chili in Cochabamba! I hope that the third time we try to break bread, the bread shall be broken. 

Going to Maryknoll tomorrow will be a game-day decision. I will let you know one way or another! In the meantime, pray that I recover quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment