Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Aquí Otra Vez

And I am here again in Cochabamba, here for the night at Convento San Francisco. The round trip to La Paz took 17 hours total by bus. It is a wonder I am here before midnight. Bolivia by bus is not the way I would recommend, having learned now from experience. If you must cross mountains to get to another city, spend a little more money and take an airplane. Realize that you can either save money or save time, but you cannot save both when you attempt intercity travel in Bolivia. Now, off to bed, with the hope of getting seven hours or so with the help of the wonder drug I am using. I will try to wake early enough to freshen up before meeting Joshua and company at Maryknoll for the 7 o’clock departure to Oruro. I do not think I will have time to post about the La Paz and Oruro visits before the weekend. Hang tight, and I will try to get a digest version up this weekend. Until then, be well, and be safe and sensible in your own respective travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment