Thursday, August 1, 2013

Psalm 121

Another day, another month, another move. This time of year has often been a time of leaving and arriving, going and coming. On this day God has prepared for another going and coming, and for all the times of moving yet to come, I ask for protection and help.

As I recall Psalm 121 prayerfully today, I am reminded of a sermon I gave on the psalm for a preaching class I took at Boston University six years ago. I wonder how I would break open this word from God today, in a Franciscan key, as a Capuchin friar, as one returning from the desert, as one returning from hills, sun, and moon that made the world of this psalm immediate.

Well, I have a seven-hour journey during which I can consider this. Be well, fellow travellers in the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment