Monday, July 16, 2012

Go (Farther) West, Young Man

This is it -- our last full day at St. Fidelis Friary, Victoria, Kansas. The postulant brothers have re-organized the common spaces in the friary, moving furniture and chairs back to where they were before our arrival. We have recycled all recyclables; we have brought out to the scrap heap old computers and obsolete electronics, too. We have cleaned the kitchen and cleaned out the walk-in refrigerator of most leftovers. The place is as good as we found it -- maybe a little better -- but it is at least good enough.

We have stayed long enough. It is time to go farther west. Spiritually, we are going further, too. Pray always for us; we will pray for you.

In case you didn't have my California contact information, here it is again:

Anthony Zuba
San Lorenzo Friary
PO Box 247
Santa Ynez, CA 93460


If you send any parcels by UPS or FedEx instead of U.S. Mail, use this street address: 1802 Sky Drive. Anything else sent by U.S. Mail should be sent to the PO Box only.

Telephone at San Lorenzo: (805) 688-5630

This is my last blog for several days. I'll be off the Internet while on the road beginning tomorrow morning (Tuesday). Remember, when I get to California I'll be on a strict limit of 90 minutes a week, so please be patient as it may be a while before I can backtrack through e-mails.

I will have a whole new schedule when I move into San Lorenzo Friary. I don't know what it will be yet, but when I know it, I will post it here. I do know one thing. At 4:30 p.m. Pacific/1:30 p.m. Eastern this Sunday, the postulants and I will receive our Capuchin habits and officially become novices. There will be much merrymaking afterward, I can promise you.

Once I get a handle on my schedule, we can arrange telephone and/or video calls. It will probably be easier to reach me by telephone in the early going. Get your finest stationery and stamps ready!

God's peace be with you, friendly readers, sisters and brothers of good will, friends of Jesus, friends of God. Blessings on all your journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment