Friday, July 13, 2012

Getting Out of Dodge

Low on energy after a day of high-density social activity. First, the funeral for Regina Dechant, sister to one of our resident friars, at Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Hays. Then, our final day of ministry at Via Christi Village. The staff had ice cream and cake to celebrate our going away to California. Then, another social and dinner this evening for all our ministry supervisors and partners. Whew. Tuck me in, tell me a bedtime story, and kiss me good night, because I've had enough!

Would that I could find the ways to give more of myself on days like these. God, when will you grant me more grace and gifts for situational extraversion?

With all of today's rituals, religious and social, our time in Kansas now feels quite complete. I feel like I have permission to "let go" of the place and move on. Excuse the lazy allusion, but it is time to get out of Dodge.

***

Postscript: Not that I expect a deluge of mail in the next few days, but if you are planning to write, please do not send any more letters to St. Fidelis Friary. From this point forward, send your correspondence to California. Just to remind you:

San Lorenzo Friary
PO Box 247
Santa Ynez, CA  93460

No comments:

Post a Comment