Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Otro Hiato

A postscript to the previous post:

The blog will be quiet until late Sunday evening. Do not worry! I just prefer to stay offline while I travel through Uyuni. Whether there is wireless access on the salt flats or not, I choose not to be encumbered by my laptop computer. And we will not talk about my cellular phone, which has been useless since I left United States airspace. We will be roughing it for three days, so I will record my thoughts and impressions and prayers the old-fashioned way, in a paper notebook, provided my fingers are not too numb from the cold. As I did a few weeks ago, I hope to post retroactively about my experiences in Uyuni. And if my compañeras will be kind enough to share some of their photos with me, then I will share some pictures with you through a Google Photos album.

That is about all I have to say right now. Please keep all of us from Maryknoll in your prayers as some of us journey to Uyuni and its salt flats, while the others, including Brother Scott, go to the Jesuit missions of Chiquitanía in the department of Santa Cruz. Traveling mercies to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment