Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Under Review

Lectio Divina

"See! Your true character is finally showing itself!"

Tobit 2:14

Library

Four more chapters of Brown, The Ecumenical Revolution. Also the rule of life prepared by Clare of Assisi for her religious community of sisters committed to the Gospel life patterned by Francis of Assisi.

In my mailbox this afternoon I received a photocopy of a treatise by Saint Bonaventure, one of the early theologians of the Franciscan intellectual tradition. I will say more about this figure next week, when we have class sessions on his life and thought.

Now, for you, the June issue of The Caperone.

Log

With thirty-nine days of novitiate left, I have completed my application to Boston College School of Theology and Ministry. It is now under review. So, too, still, my request to take vows. Patience, brother....

This morning, continued our class sessions on Clare of Assisi. This afternoon, after a lunch-hour nap, a conference with my co-editor on the final issue of our novitiate newsletter. Our proposal has been okayed by our formator who is the editorial director, and we are Caperon-ing away.

A quiet day. Our routine is holding me up and holding at bay a creeping torpor of body and spirit. The ardor in my heart remains capable of impressive flares.

Weather

It is keeping calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment