Friday, June 14, 2013

Love and Forgiveness

Lectio Divina

... loves little.

Luke 7:47

The story from which this phrase comes has to do with forgiveness. With forgiveness comes the ability to love. Without it there is no love. So the questions for me are simple: Do I believe in forgiveness? Do I believe in God's great forgiveness? Do I receive it fully and love fully?

Library

Received the latest issue of Catholic Agitator from the Los Angeles Catholic Worker and devoured it. Commonweal is mostly read, and National Catholic Reporter, too. Miranda, Being and the Messiah, beckons me.

Log

Off to Lompoc and the prison for the rest of the day. Faith sharing in the afternoon, and a return to the low-security compound in the evening for prayer, song, and social time as we send off Bro. Harold Snider, the chaplain who leaves for San Francisco at the end of the month. It is also a kind of send-off for me and my novice brother, as we have only one more Friday of ministry and one more Sunday worship visit planned.

Weather

Missing today's desert heat by staying cool on the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment