Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Receive the Holy Spirit

Lectio Divina

Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.

Matthew 10:9

Library

In between spiritual reading and theological reading. Weil, The Need for Roots, is closed; will I re-open it? Mumford, The City in History, has been closed for months; will I re-open it. No periodicals in the mailroom.

Log

On this day in 2000, it was Pentecost. I received the sacrament of confirmation. I received the Holy Spirit. Thanks be to God, the giver of all good things. On this day in 2004, I was attending my class reunion at Cornell University. On this day, walking up the North Campus, I had a powerful experience of re-orientation, and I was filled from within with light and warmth. I knew I was going to study theology, and I knew I was going to live in Boston. Thanks be to God, who leads me and guides me.

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for giving me life, wisdom, courage, and strength. May I give everything I have received from you.

Continuing our class sessions on Bonaventure. Continuing our vigil as we wait for official admission into vows.

Weather

Spring in the morning, summer in the afternoon, fall in the evening and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment