Tuesday, July 23, 2013

One Family

... he threw their forces into total confusion.

Exodus 14:24 (New Living Translation)

Rising at the hour I've been rising all year, a few minutes before six o'clock, when the sun arrives. Breakfast over the newspaper, taking what I learned into morning prayer in my bedroom, before heading to Our Lady of Grace for the eight o'clock Mass. Continuing to reckon with the repercussions that come with assuming the identity of a Capuchin Franciscan friar. It's interesting, amusing, and challenging, and I am beginning to warm to the encounters.

Presently computing and corresponding, making plans to see friends and colleagues in the first days of August before post-novitiate orientation begins late on the 5th. Still need to write thank-yous to the sisters and brothers who blessed me and filled my heart on Saturday.

Soon to head to my sister's home for the day to take time with her and her children. We intend to break bread together at a restaurant near the docks in her village. If the hour is not too late, my parents and brother hope to join my sister and her family. One family, one table, one in the spirit of love. I would like that very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment