Monday, December 31, 2012

The Last Hour?

Lectio Divina

Children, it is the last hour.

1 John 2:18

Of course, followers of Jesus affirm this every day, not only on New Year's Eve!

Library

Mumford has moved back to my night-table. Chesterton has moved to the chapel stall.

We were to have a class session on the vow of poverty, but our formator who was to give instruction is sick. So instead we will be spending the morning reading the chapter in the Capuchin Constitutions on our life of minority. We will also read from a compendium called The Path of Renewal: The Documents of the Five Plenary Councils and the First Assembly of the Order of Capuchin Friars Minor. These councils took place over a period of 15 years, beginning in Quito, Ecuador, in 1971. Each plenary council took a different theme of Capuchin life as a point of departure for the ongoing renewal of the Capuchin reform of the Franciscan movement. We will read the documents of the First Plenary Council in Quito, on "Fraternal Life, Poverty, and Minority," and the Fifth Plenary Council in Garibaldi, Rio Grande do Sol, Brazil (1986), on "Our Prophetic Presence in the World."

Log

See Library for my morning activities. This afternoon, house chores. This evening, calling my folks back home before the end of 2012. As for me, I aim to be deep asleep by the time midnight comes to the Pacific time zone. Never mind when the new year begins according to chronos time. The new year has already begun for me in kairos time, that is, God's time. See my letter in The Caperone on "Moving in God's Time" when I post the link.

Contrarian though I am, I do wish you a happy and good 2013. To my sisters and brothers in the Spirit, let us begin again today and every day to live the Gospel and obey the Gospel in every thought, word, and deed.

Weather

Feeling a little cool and dry but bright and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment