Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mending

Lectio Divina

I hold you by your right hand—
I, the LORD your God.


Isaiah 41:13 (New Living Translation)

Library

Not much energy these last two days, not even to read. The best I could do lately was open a compendium of saints' lives by Robert Ellsberg, All Saints: Daily Reflections on Saints, Prophets, and Witnesses for Our Time (New York: Crossroad, 1997).

Log

I've been under the weather the last two days -- something intestinal, I suspect, leaving me achy and weak all over. My temperature is normal, but my appetite is not yet fully back. One of the occupational hazards of living in a mostly confined environment with 30 other men of varying constitution and a kitchen that, even when immaculate, is full of all kinds of germs. I am asking God to keep his bacteria and viruses out of my body.

If I feel as stable tomorrow morning as I do this evening, I intend to go to ministry at the prison in Lompoc. But I will leave the final determination to the discretion of my formation advisor.

Yesterday, nothing but fitful rest. This morning and afternoon, keeping to my room, doing laundry, and finishing up my Advent/Christmas letters. This evening, bundling up and being gentle to myself. Hoping for a full night of sleep after napping off and on for the last two days.

Weather

Not really sure what it's like out there, but it's been cold and stormy within. Time for the sun to rise again in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment