Sunday, February 17, 2019

Words From Bolivia

Greetings from Cochabamba, Bolivia. Over seven years ago I began this blog as a chronicle of my initial formation into religious life with the Capuchin Franciscan friars. I succeeded in sharing the first two years of my formation, postulancy and novitiate. After I made first profession of vows in July 2013, life got busy as I entered theological studies. So the blog ceased. I made my perpetual profession of vows in October 2016. Life remained busy, and the blog remained silent.

Since then I have devoted myself to occasional journal writing, usually while on retreat. Also I kept a journal for six weeks when I stayed with the Capuchins in Central America for six weeks of cultural immersion in June and July 2014. These journals were of a more spiritual nature, and I kept them private.

Now I am beginning six months of cultural and language immersion in Bolivia and living in a Franciscan community in Cochabamba. I would like to share my experiences again in the form of a public diary, as I did when I was a friar in initial formation. The truth is that women and men in religious never cease being formed, because the Holy Spirit is always at work in us. So, if you will indulge me, let me show you how I see the Holy Spirit at work in me and in the people I meet and in the circumstances of daily life here.

Lest I get overly ambitious, I will pledge to post weekly at this time only. We will see if I have the time and energy to do more. We shall see.

May God always be with you in all things. I wish you peace and everything good.

No comments:

Post a Comment