Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Psalm 28

Lectio Divina

Hear the sound of my pleading when I cry to you for help when I lift up my hands toward your holy place.

Psalm 28:2

Library

Continuing Resurrection and Priscilla and Aquila. Intending to return tomorrow to the pamphlets in the series on the Franciscan intellectual tradition published by The Franciscan Institute. 

Log

This morning: sang our new Mass setting with the San Lorenzo Schola at Eucharist to celebrate the feast of Saint Augustine of Hippo. The opening and closing hymn, "O Beauty, Ever Ancient," draws on a well-known prayer of Augustine in Confessions, his spiritual autobiography. Now, continuing our class sessions on discernment. Sent eight letters in the U.S. Mail this morning and proud of it.

This afternoon: an editorial meeting to plan the October issue of The Caperone, and, using the Microsoft Publisher desktop publishing program, a tutorial in layout for the novice brother who is my co-editor.

It occurred to me that I have not yet posted a link to the newsletter. Go here if you want to read it.

This evening: spiritual reading during prayerful silence. Perhaps one or two more letters tonight and tomorrow during hermitage time. Someone has to keep the Post Office alive. 

Weather

Hoping the fresh breezes that flew in yesterday afternoon remain with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment